It was the last bank holiday this side of Christmas. We had a lazy morning and planned on heading out to Selfridges for a spot of shopping followed by lunch somewhere. Unfortunately hubby’s car needed seeing to, so I left him to sort things out with the recovery service and went to Selfridges on my own. I bought what I needed and got the tube back within the hour.
Seeing that hubby was a little stressed out with the car issue, I decided to cook us lunch. As we had had chicken the day before, I settled on grilled tiger prawns (another one of hubby’s favourite) and a simple fried rice.
Grilled tiger prawns
- 250g whole tiger prawns (shell included)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbs chilli powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Mix the sauces and powder as per the list above
2. Marinade the prawns in sauce mix for 30 minutes
3. Heat up a griddle pan
4. Grill the prawns on the hot pan, a minute and a bit on each side
5. Plate up and squeeze the juice of half a lemon onto the prawns before serving
I made a quick fried rice dish using cold cooked rice, diced carrots and runner beans and fried rice paste.