I am trying to encourage hubby to cook more often. For Saturday’s lunch, I suggested we cook one of his favourite dishes, Thai style chicken and vegetable stir-fry. It is a tasty, one pot dish, ideal for a lazy Saturday lunch, or a mid-week dinner.
The ingredients are as follows:
- a pack of chicken mini fillets (marinade in salt, sugar, oyster sauce)
- a handful of runner beans – topped, tailed, and cut into 1 inch length
- a couple of broccoli florets
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 2 shallots – finely sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves *
- 1 stalk of lemon grass – bruised *
- 3 – 4 tbsp Ketchup *
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1. Heat olive oil in a wok.
2. Saute the shallots, and after a minute, add in the garlic, lemon grass and lime leaves
3. Add in the chicken and stir fry until the meat is cooked
4. Add the vegetables, ketchup, oyster sauce and soy sauce and mix well
5. If the dish is too dry, add is some water
6. Cover with a lid for 3 minutes
7. Once cooked, serve with piping hot rice
* Essential ingredients which give this dish it’s distinct flavour
** If you prefer a spicier version, add a handful of chopped chillies.
*** Hubby was an absolute sweetheart. He prepared all the ingredients, followed my cooking instructions and made us a gorgeous meal.