I was soaked getting home from work today, and after another long day, I didn’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. I quickly decided on vegetarian fajita using an instant kit and picked up the necessities from Waitrose.
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- Dark soy sauce
- Fajita spice mix
- Tortilla wraps
- Ready made tomato salsa
- Heat up some olive oil in a pan
- Brown the onions
- Add in the beans, courgettes and pepper and give it a good stir for 3 minutes
- Add in the spice mix, stir well, and leave the vegetables to cook for 5 minutes. Add a dash of soy sauce, another quick stir and take the vegetables off the heat
- Heat the wraps in a microwave for 20 seconds. Serve the vegetables on a wrap, and top with some salsa
It was a quick and easy dinner. Given time and motivation, I’d make the spice mix and salsa myself next time!