I’m trying to clear out my fridge and freezer before our holiday next week. I found lamb, potatoes, carrots and celery.
I made carrot, celery and lentil soup (recipe previously posted) for starters.
For the main course, I made lamb curry using a packet of ready made sauce I found in the press.
- 2 lamb steaks, trimmed and diced
- 1inch ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 baby potatoes
- 1 packet Brahim’s kurma sauce
- olive oil
- Heat up some oil in a heavy based pot
- Add ginger and cinnamon stick to the oil, brown for a minute
- Brown the lamb with the ginger and cinnamon for 2 minutes
- Add the kurma sauce and half a pint of water
- Leave to cook for 30 minutes
- Serve with piping hot basmati rice, naan bread and aubergine pickle