It’s been a long week and I was glad to call it a day at work just after 5pm. I was looking forward to cooking dinner and relaxing by our new fireplace. A perfect way to unwind and to welcome in the weekend.
The menu for tonight was grilled lamb loins, served on bucketwheat salad, baby potatoes, grilled aubergine and salsa verde.
- 4 lamb loins, marinated in paprika, salt, pepper, dried rosemary, and a tbsp of olive oil
- 1 medium sized aubergine, cut lengthways, marinated in salt, pepper, tumeric and a tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of buckwheat, rinsed, 1/2 shallot finely sliced, a handful of chopped mint leaves
- 8 baby potatoes, 1 shallot finely sliced, 1 chopped clove of garlic, a knob of butter
- salsa verde: a bunch of mint leaves, flat leaf parsley, basil, juice of half a lemon, 1 clove of garlic, 30g pine nuts, olive oil
- Cook the buckwheat in 1 1/2 cups of water over low heat. Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat. Add in shallots and mint leaves and give it a good stir. This is a semi pilaf. The heat cooks the shallots and mint. Season with a pinch of salt. Cover and leave aside
- Add the potatoes into boiling water and leave to cook for around 20 minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a colander and drain the water. Heat up a knob of butter in a pan, along with a tsp of olive oil. Fry the shallots, followed by the garlic. Toss in the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and give it a good mix for 2 minutes. Remove pan from the heat
- Mix the salsa verde ingredients in a food processor. Season with a pinch of salt. Leave aside
- Heat up a griddle pan. Place the lamb loins on the griddle for 2 minutes on each side. Remove onto a foil-lined baking tray and finish off in the oven at 180 degrees for 2-3 minutes
- Place the aubergine on the hot griddle pan for a minute on each side and finish off in the oven for 5 minutes
- Plate up!