Hubby cooked a lovely Thai green chicken curry for dinner tonight. The recipe is the same as the one for the red curry posted last week. He was meant to cook yellow curry, but decided to use up what was left of the green paste. He used green beans, potatoes, green and red peppers in the curry as well.
Well done hubby! I had seconds, and there’s plenty left over for tomorrow.
I had a packet of okra in the crisper, which I bought over a week ago. I didn’t want it to go to waste, so I cooked it as a side dish (not that we needed it).
- 10 okra, washed and sliced
- 1 shallot
- a handful of ikan bilis (dried anchovies) (I got the ok from hubby to add this in)
- 1/2 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp kicap manis (dark soy sauce)
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil
- Heat some oil in a pan
- Fry the anchovies until crisp. Place into a bowl and leave aside
- Fry the shallots and chilli for a minute
- Add in the okra and give it a good stir for 2 minutes
- Add in the soy sauce, and season with salt and fry for 3 minutes
- Add in the anchovies and stir for a minute before serving