Tonight’s dinner was a very quick and easy effort using tasty ingredients. I served the grilled halloumi, asparagus and lamb chops with a tomato-olive dressing.
- A bunch of asparagus, trimmed, coated in 1tsp olive oil
- Lamb chops – marinated in salt, pepper, a pinch of dried rosemary and 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pack of halloumi cheese, sliced into 4 pieces, marinated in 1 tbsp olive oil
- A bunch of rocket leaves
- Heat a griddle pan on a medium stove
- First, grill the lamb chops for 3 minutes on each side. Finish off in the oven at 180 degrees for another 3 to 4 minutes
- Wash the griddle pan (if you don’t like the flavour of meat combining with the cheese). Heat it up again on the stove
- Grill the cheese for 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and keep warm in the oven
- Finally, grill the asparagus for 4 to 5 minutes (depending on size) and season with a pinch of salt and pepper
Mix a handful of chopped plum tomatoes with another handful of black pitted olives and a clove of garlic. Add 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and juice of 1/4 lemon.
I served the halloumi and rocket on top of the asparagus, lamb chops on the side with a drizzle of the tomato-olive dressing. All that was missing was crusty bread!