We shopped for groceries at Waitrose this morning, and I am pleased to say that the fridge is stocked up with good fruit and vegetables. Now, we’ll just have to make sure not to eat the 6 packs of tim tams and 4 packs of twisties all at once. Perhaps an apple for every 3 tim tams had.
For dinner tonight, I made teriyaki salmon using the same recipe as the chicken teriyaki I made a while back. I served it with brown basmati rice and a broccoli, green beans and carrot stir-fry as well as miso soup.
Here is the recipe for ease of reference.
- 2 salmon steaks
- 3 tbsp dark soy
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
- Marinade the salmon with mirin, soy and sugar in a bowl (the longer, the better)
- Pre-heat the oven at 175 degrees
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Drain the salmon from the marinade
- Fry the salmon skin-side down for 2 minutes
- Transfer the salmon to a foil-lined baking tray, and bake in the oven for 7 minutes
- Serve immediately with a side of your choice