I found a Slimming World Cherry Almond Clafoutis recipe and was keen to try it. I didn’t have artificial sweeteners, so I used Agave syrup instead. The only mistake I made was not to take a photo of the clafoutis as a whole.
Here is the recipe, modified very slightly.
- 400g cherries (pitted)
- 3 eggs at room temperature (original recipe called for 4)
- 400ml fat free fromage frais (I used Sainsbury’s Be Good to Yourself 0.1% fat)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp agave syrup
- Slice the cherries into half and scatter them on the bottom of a pie dish
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees
- Mix the eggs, fromage frais, almond extract, vanilla and agave syrup using an electric mixer until combined (about 2 minutes)
- Pour the batter over the cherries and bake in the oven for 1 hour until the sides are brown and the clafoutis is firm to touch