I got into the car this morning praying that I’d do better than yesterday’s lesson. Today’s lesson involved a degree of independent driving and we covered some roundabouts as well. My first roundabout wasn’t great. I was in the wrong lane and we ended up going around in a circle before I drove onto the correct lane. Apart from hitting a curb once, I didn’t stall and the rest of the lesson went well.
Key points to remember:
- Go slow around corners, bends, roundabouts – you’ll have better control of the car
- When the speed limit is about to change, observe the mirrors before changing your speed
- Roundabouts – they’re all different. For smaller roundabouts, position the car to the centre so as not to confuse drivers behind you
- Plan – you may need to slow down, change gears or change lanes depending on the situation ahead.
- Don’t panic – this will affect your performance
Lesson #11 tomorrow – parking is on the agenda.