Hubby and I invited some friends over for a Diwali dinner party last night. I took Friday off and started cooking right after my driving lesson. This was my menu (photos recycled from old posts):
2) Massaman curry (chicken)
3) Cambodian curry (butternut squash, aubergine)
1) Mixed vegetables and ginger stir-fry
2) Fish cakes
3) Take-out Tandoori Chicken
4) Pineapple, cucumber and tomato salad with store-bought satay sauce
5) Roti Canai
6) Steamed and brown basmati rice
1) Apple slice
My lovely friend Anna from Wholefood Harmony brought a platter of courgette fritters which went down a treat. We were so keen to tuck in that we forgot to snap photos!
A good night was had – thankfully the meal came together. We did have some food leftover which made for a hearty lunch and dinner. I suspect this may be my last dinner party for 2011 and if it turns out to be so, then I’d like to think we ended on a high note.