Parallel parking. OMG.
- Pull up beside a car, mirror to mirror
- Put car in reverse
- All around observation
- Turn wheel once to the left and reverse slowly in.
- Check left wing mirror until you see a big slice of pizza form by the car, curb and road
- Turn the wheel once to the right and reverse in until the big pizza becomes a small pizza
- When a small pizza forms between the car, curb and road, turn the wheel once more to the right
- Reverse into the space until your car is parallel to the curb
- Turn the wheel once to the left and reverse to straighten the car
Supposedly. Except I made a dog’s dinner of my parallel parking attempts. The roads started to get busy as well and that didn’t help my nerves.
My instructor said that I drive too close to the cars parked on my left which made me even more nervous.
Next week’s lessons are at 8.30 (Sat) and 9 (Sun). Unfortunately, I’m not the one who pitches up late for lessons.