I couldn’t name you a song which is on the UK top ten charts at the moment, and I couldn’t care less for any of them.
I was browsing youtube for a laugh earlier. I then started playing tracks from what I refer to as my ‘formative years’. Here is a short list in no particular order:
- Bobby Brown – Every Little Step
- After 7 – Til you do me right
- Az Yet – Last night
- Damage – Ghetto Romance
- Damage – Love II Love (I’m biased – Jade reminds me of my very first boyfriend!)
- Donell Jones – Shorty (Got her eyes on me)
- Lynden David Hall – Forgive Me (I only found out recently that Lynden died a few years ago)
- Tevin Campbell – Can we talk
- Another level – From the heart
I can only think of a handful of people who shared my taste in music all those years ago. I said to Hubby that they don’t make music like they used to. I think he was lost for words, but I could sense what he was thinking… Tevin Who??