Back to basics in today’s driving lesson:
- check mirrors (everyone chant ‘mirror, mirror’ with me)
- indicate if coast is clear after checking the mirror
- slow when approaching junctions
- once you’ve turned (left/right) at the junction, make progress and carry on (don’t be too slow)
- keep car straight before turning off from the main road
- for parallel parking, turn the wheel once to the left when reversing. Using the pizza methodology – when a big slice appears, turn the wheel once to the right. When a small slice appears, turn the wheel once to the right again (i.e. full lock). Back the car in, then turn the steering twice to the left to straighten the car
Lessons# 27 and 28 next weekend – 8.30 start on both days.