I wanted to stock up on some sauces yesterday and we found ourselves at Wing Yip oriental store just around the corner from Brent Cross. Whilst browsing, I stumbled upon Tean’s Curry Laksa Paste and added a packet to my basket, along with some yellow noodles and tofu.
I didn’t bother with the usual laksa staples – beansprouts, fishballs, fishcakes, prawns and instead made do with what little ingredients I had at home.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- Tean’s curry laksa paste (I only used half a packet for the 2 of us)
- 150ml coconut milk
- 2.5 cups of water
- a handful of cubed firm tofu
- a few thin slices of chicken breast
- a portion of yellow/egg noodles – pre cooked
- a portion of rice noodles – pre cooked
- 2 boiled eggs, shelled and halved
- a good handful of mint leaves
- It helps if you can pre-cook the noodles and eggs before you start with the sauce
- Mix curry paste, coconut milk, water, tofu and chicken slices in a pot and bring to a simmer (about 6 to 7 minutes)
- Divide equal portions of noodles into 2 bowls and top with boiled egg and mint leaves (reserve some leaves)
- Once the curry is simmering, add reserved mint leaves and bring to a boil
- Take the pot off the heat and divide the curry mixture, chicken and tofu into the 2 bowls (from step 3)
- Tuck in and don’t forget the bib!
Verdict – the curry was delicious! I should have bought more.