Courgettes are a must in my weekly Ocado order. I haven’t had much luck growing them in my veggie patch though. This summer, perhaps?
I tend to add courgettes to Thai curries, or as a quick accompaniment to grilled meat/fish. This is one of my favourite recipes for sautéed courgettes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 green courgettes, topped and tailed, split lengthways and sliced diagonally into 1cm pieces
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- a knob of butter
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan
- Once oil is hot, add the courgette slices and thyme
- Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes before adding the butter
- Toss the courgettes in the pan and leave to cook for another 2 minutes
- Add the lemon juice to the pan, put the lid on and leave for a minute
- Season with salt and pepper, then take the pan off the heat and serve