I’ve come a long way from frying my first egg. Whilst I am still not a fan of eggs, I try and eat it every now and again for breakfast to avoid indulging in bread. The bear is now weaning herself off milk. She only drank half her morning bottle yesterday, so I figured it was time to slowly introduce her to solids for breakfast. She’s already had omelette which I served for dinner recently and had no allergies.
I made a simple omelette with diced red peppers and onions, taking care to cook it thoroughly (no runny bits). I normally use Fry Lite, but took a leaf out of Brittany’s recipe and used a knob of Kerrygold butter (which is a fridge-essential in our household – a taste of home for Hubby) to cook the ingredients. The result, a fluffy, tasty omelette. I served it with sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes, which I shared with the bear. She loved it. As did Mama.
Ingredients: (serves 1 mama and a little baby)
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 small brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
- a knob of Kerrygold butter
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of ground white pepper
- Prepare the onions and pepper
- Heat butter in a frying pan and when melted, fry the onion and pepper for a minute
- Add the eggs and swirl the frying pan to ensure the eggs are evenly spread
- Once the sides of the eggs start to cook, use a rubber spatula to lift one side and fold it to the middle and repeat with the opposite side until you get a folded omelette. Press it down to let the eggs cook in the middle
- Once cooked, serve with a salad of avocado and tomatoes
Don’t mind the photo below, the meal was assembled in a hurry to pacify a hungry baby!