Last week’s meal plan was a success. I took leftovers to work. The downside was that I was really pushed for time to get dinner ready every evening and do bedtime routine for the Bear. I’ve tried bulk cooking at the weekends previously to free up time during the week, but this was rather time consuming at the weekend when I had very little energy and house-work had to be tackled too. #Conundrum.
We have plenty of salmon to get through in the freezer. Convenience took over good intentions, and I bought ready-made ratatouille from M&S earlier, three for £5. That would go really well with the salmon. I’ve also found some Tilda steamed brown rice on sale on Ocado, and have added them to my shopping basket. The salmon-brown rice-ratatouille should make for quick dinners this week, but not much in terms of leftovers and therefore no packed lunches. #CantWin.
- Monday – salmon, ratatouille, spring greens
- Tuesday – salmon, ratatouille, brown rice
- Wednesday – chicken fajita, peppers, courgettes, mushrooms
- Thursday – pasta, clams, chilli and tomato sauce
- Friday – chips and ketchup!