Summer recap

How we are in the last week of September is beyond me.  Time and tide waits for no man certainly rings true.


I accompanied the bear on a school trip to a farm. She had fun feeding goats and rabbits, watching a cow being milked, playing with her friends and just generally enjoying the fresh air and break from school.

The Bear brought home a gingerbread man baking kit from school and we spent a whole morning mixing, rolling, cutting and making a good mess in the kitchen.


It had been 2.5 years since my parents saw the Bear and thought it was about time they came to visit! Luckily the weather was fantastic for the duration of their stay. Many trips to Oxford Street were done.  For their last weekend, we made a day trip to Oxford which was simply stunning.


A few days after my parents returned home, we flew to Ireland to see Grampy who was recovering from a knee surgery.  We were looked after really well and spoiled with delicious home cooked meals by Grampy’s partner B.  The weather remained fabulous and we did some lovely drives.

The other highlight of the trip was a visit to my good friend E. We are godparents to their eldest son  as they are to the Bear.  She had a blast meeting her godbrothers and we were once again treated to exceptional hospitality.

To mark my milestone birthday and our wedding anniversary, Hubby and I went to Copenhagen.  We stayed near Nyhavn and should we return in future, I would opt for the same location again.  We didn’t make it to Noma as it was a last minute trip. However good meals were had at Kompasset and The Almanak.

We missed the Bear terribly and couldn’t wait for our family holiday in France. The good weather continued, we consumed a copious amount of treats, and were regulars at our local Flunch! The Bear literally lived in her swimmers.

We were barely home from France when I had to make my first emergency trip to Malaysia in 19 years. We almost lost dad and the delayed flight of 16 hours was the worst experience of my life, not knowing what messages awaited me when I turned on my phone upon arriving in KL. Thankfully dad pulled through and is at home now recovering.


I really did struggle with maintaining my veggie plot this summer.  Seedlings died due to late frost and nothing really took off.  We harvested a handful of strawberries, a courgette, some beans, manger out and tomatoes.

Now that summer is over, we are looking forward to some quitter months before the excitement of Christmas kicks in.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s