We have eaten really well over the last few weeks. Chocolates and other treats aside, having time off work meant more time to cook up decent meals at home. One of the things I’ve enjoyed most over Christmas sitting down to dinner as a family of three.
It’s back to work and school tomorrow. The Bear gets breakfast, lunch and tea in nursery so she normally isn’t hungry for much when she gets home. Just some fruit or a biscuit. I’ll see what she asks for tomorrow evening.
Here is the our meal plan for the week. A bit of a cheat’s plan as I have some leftovers in the freezer from the weekend. I’ve also included tonight’s dinner in for the sake of completeness.
- Monday – lamb rogan josh, okra stir-fry, basmati rice
- Tuesday – leftover pasta bake (inspired by a Bill Granger recipe from Bill’s Basics – ricotta, kale, lobster, homemade pistou)
- Wednesday – jacket potatoes and leftovers (chili con carne, puy lentils casserole)
- Thursday – meal out (Gramps is visiting)
- Friday – homemade veggie broth (black-eyed beans, kale, carrots, celery)
My new office is lacking in kitchen amenities, therefore I have been spending far too much on eating lunch out. I’m not a coeliac but do struggle with bread. And don’t get me started on Pret coffees. So easily done first thing in the morning on the way into work, especially if you are an early riser (5.30am) like me. So, I’ve bought a big box of Special K to bring into work tomorrow. Lunch packed and in the fridge (quinoa salad). Three days a week at least. The closest I’ve come to making a resolution. Wish me luck.
Suggestions for (non-microwaveable) packed lunches welcome.