It was a full-on week at work and I’m still getting to grips with how things run with my new employer. I was in Sainsbury’s yesterday and really craved mushrooms. Before long, my shopping basket had the following – shiitake, oyster and enoki mushrooms, a jar of kimchi and kale.
I made my go-to recipe for puy lentil casserole by Ina Garten (Barefoot in Paris) with the addition of kale, parsnips and ginger to boost the earthy flavours.
The mushrooms were cooked very simply as follows:
Kimchi mixed mushrooms (serves 2)
Prep and cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 200g mixed mushrooms (trimmed, stemmed, cleaned)
- 1 tbsp kimchi
- 1/2 tsp herb de provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan
- Add the mushrooms and stir in the oil for a minute
- Add the kimchi and herb the provence. Leave to cook for another minute
- Season with salt (be mindful that the kimchi is salty) and pepper
Serve up the puy lentil casserole in a bowl and top with the kimchi mushrooms.